Friday, September 12, 2008

50 Freestyle...part 1!

I have finally raced in the Cube! Going into pre-lims, I was seeded 7th of the 14 S3 swimmers. But after swimming a time of 1:11 something, I am ranked 6th going into finals tonight!! I am happy with the time but I know I can go faster tonight. I needed one swim in the Cube to get all the race jitters out and I am ready to go all out tonight!

After my warm down, I ran upstairs to meet my cheering section. I wheeled into the spectator area to see my mom and 2 friends Brittany and Garth who were wearing "BE" and "TH" t-shirts. After the expected hugs, I was mobbed by Chinese fans who all wanted pictures with an American swimmer. Eventually, I did make it out of the venue and back to the Village where I have been resting up for tonight! More updates to come...

No comments: