Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 6 of Swimming

One more day until I race my 50 freestyle!! It has been hard waiting so long to compete, but it has been so exciting cheering on my teammates who had earlier events. Pre-lims start at 9am every day, so I will likely race my 50 around 10:30am on Saturday (that's 10:30pm on Friday night for all of you living in the Eastern Time Zone). Then, if my time is in the top 8, I will swim again at finals that night around 6 or 7pm Beijing time.

My backstroke will be on the same pre-lim/finals schedule, but I race that event on Monday the 15th. Team USA has been doing so well in the water, but unfortunately I can't tell you about all the awesome races since I am not an accredited journalist and I don't want to risk the wrath of the International Paralympic Committee, so check out the Universal Sports website for all the updates! I also promise to post all the pictures 3 days after Closing Ceremonies that I am not allowed to post during the Games.

Thank you to all of you who have sent me good luck emails and comments! I love knowing I will have a cheering section back home. A special thanks to all my HWSD teammates for your ongoing support!

3 comments:

Kunal said...

Good Luck Beth

TiggerLady said...

Best of Luck, Beth,
Every one of your friends from the Toledo Raptors are rooting for you and wishing we could be there to cheer you on in person. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Go Beth!

mary mullner said...

Good Luck, Bethie. We are so proud of you and how hard you have worked to get to where you are! We love you and are thinking of you so much during these exciting days. We wish we could be there in person to cheer you on, but please know we are cheering you on long distance. All our Love --
Aunt Mary & Uncle John