Saturday, September 13, 2008

50 Freestyle...part 2!

I just returned from my first Paralympic Games finals experience! In the last event of the night, I swam a 1:10.55, a best time and a new American Record, which places me 5th in the world. I had some incredible competition from Mexico, Great Britain, Singapore, and, of course, China. I felt prepared going in from all my amazing training at Harvard behind me and I was able to enjoy the moment as my heat was paraded out onto the deck and behind the blocks. What a great race!

Team USA had another fantastic night with old records smashed and multiple medals won. Now, I get a day off before racing my backstroke on the last day. Goodnight (or good morning back home)!

11 comments:

ron burkett said...

Congratulations Beth on your American record in the freestyle competition. We have been following your blog on your olympic experiences. Good luck in the back stroke. Tiffin, OH is very proud of you.

Ron & Barb Burkett

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I just linked to you from my facebook pages, so everyone else will know too! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Beth that's great I'm so proud!

Kelly

rthom said...

Way to go Beth! Good luck for the 50 back.

Estimated Prophet said...

Hey Hey Hey!!! Congratulations. Not only is Tiffin Ohio proud of you, but 12th street in Lorain is having a block party. (Well, maybe I exaggerate a bit.) Way to go Beth!

Kunal said...

Congratulations Beth

Geoff said...

Congrats Beth! Another US Record! I'm so impressed. Good luck in the back!

Girard A. Plante said...

Beth,

I had the honor of watching you break your own American record by nearly three seconds at Harvard's Blodgett Pool in August. Now you break yet another American record, placing you 5th in the World! Kudos!
Your hard wok is paying huge divdends. Good luck the rest of the way in Beijing!

Anonymous said...

Beth CONGRATS!! That's amazing.
Your such a great swimmer! I miss
you. Are you going to be in Ohio
for Thanksgiving? I moved to Florida.
Keep in touch!!

Love-Krista

DEB HENNEMAN said...

CONGRADS BETH. THW NWONSCIA IS SO PROUD OF YOU. WE ARE THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. WE PRAY FOR A SAFE TRIP HOME. GOOD LUCK TOMARROW. GOD BLESS.
DEB HENNEMAN

Paul Fogle said...

congrats, beth! keep it up! :) Good luck the rest of the way!!